- 1. This is very much a course to try and minimise your chances of having a stroke. Therefore participants should have a willingness to learn and if necessary, change.
- 2. Pass on the tips and ideas, thoughts and stories to elderly relatives and friends – or just remember them for yourself!
- 3. Appropriate mindset. This course is not a loss leader. It is not a course that will suddenly have a price put on it. The course is free and there is one aim only: to help everyone minimise their chances of suffering from a stroke
- 4. As there are links given in the lectures you should be able to use the internet – make sure you have anti-virus software that is up to date!
- 5. Access to a PC
In 2016 I suffered a mini-stroke. Since then I have been researching possible ways to reduce the risk of me getting a stroke – either mini or full-blown. Apparently up to 90% of strokes can be prevented with lifestyle changes.
This course is the result of my own research.
I am NOT a doctor. I am NOT medically qualified. I am NOT speaking on behalf of any organisation.
These lectures are simply my thoughts as I try and spread the word about risk factors. I am also trying to raise awareness – which is why sometimes the lectures may seem to contradict. This is to encourage discussion.
I triple stress: these lectures are just my own research. I am NOT giving out medical advice.
But I am trying to encourage people to think about their own risk and to seek medical advice where needed.
What makes this course a success? If it encourages you to reduce your own risk!
What this course covers:
- Intermittent fasting
- Further action
The course includes a workbook:
Chapter 1 What causes TIAs?
- What is a TIA?
- Why it is important
- What are the causes of a TIA?
- How is a TIA diagnosed?
- Treatment for a TIA
- Symptoms of a ministroke
- Reducing the risk
- Medication and side effects
Chapter 2 Studies
- Residual symptoms of a TIA
- Role of brain imaging in TIA
- TIA and common mimics
Who this course is for:
- Everyone – as everyone is at risk, whatever your age!